Project BruteForce2 - IONI-based DIY DD FFB Wheel (Extensive worklog)

U

User 13633

Wow way to go. Thanks moderators . Beano please consider a thread in a forum not i racing please.

U

User 8729

Thanks for all your effort to the community here, people like me are able to drive DD because of you, your effort and cooperation with tero.

Many quiet readers (like me in the DD World) read all very interessting infos / posts from you!

U

User 14340

Sad day, really. :(
We need some other internet media for OSW, not iracing with paid membership to access the info.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
U

User 15198

Brutal. Thanks kindly for all your contribution and assistance to everyone here.

all the best beano!

U

User 16047

Barry at Sim Racing Garage (youtube) did a comparison on two AKM52G servos, one with an encoder (-ANCNEJ, EJ denotes encoder type) , the other with an SFD (Smart Feedback Device) resolver (-ANCNC, C denotes SFD resolver) and reported the SFD was worlds better for feedback feel. Resolution was in the 4.2 million ppr range for the resolver compared to the ppr of 10,000 (cpr of 40,000) in the encoder. May want to look for an SFD that fits your motor.

....... The first thing I need to sort out is the encoder... I am after a spec/pn for a standard or upgrade encoder for a Lenze MCS12 motor. I have one which is currently fitted with a resolver. Any suggestions on type/ppr for DD FFB and potential vendors???.........

U

User 9072

so, nach 15h rumprobieren hab ich es geschafft, das Lenkrad geht jetzt mal (habe in der Zwischenzeit auch das STM32 gegen ein neueres ausgetauscht). Soweit so gut. Ich habe nun festgestellt, dass wenn die FFB Kräfte zu stark werden, und es quasi einen peak gibt, das Lenkrad auf off gestellt wird, es hat also einen Bruchteil einer Sekunde keinen Saft, dabei verstellt sich auch die Zentrierung. Meines Erachtens bin ich gar nicht so am Anschlag mit dem FFB (habe immerhin das grosse Mige), da sollte noch mehr gehen? (FFB wird in Assetto Corsa abgeschossen, andere Spiele noch nicht getestet)
Anhang anzeigen 48488

Wo bekommt man das MMos in Deutsch? Habe nichts gefunden zum ändern der Sprache. Auch würde mich interessieren, welches gerade die aktuelle Version ist. Ich habe die 0.91.

U

User 9664

Die Version ist korrekt. Deutsch bekommt man das durch eine Datei, die eigentlich beim Download dabei ist. ABER: Ich empfehle die dreieinhalb Begriffe auf englisch zu lassen, dann weißt du auch immer wovon gesprochen wird.

U

User 14237

hallo zusammen

habe das Ollie Kit mit Big Mige und IONI pro vor einem 3/4 Jahr gekauft (Pre-assembled Direct Drive Wheel Kit (MiGE/IONI).
https://sim-pli.city/collections/discontinued/products/pre-assembled-direct-drive-wheel

Lief bisher perfekt.
Habe aktuell das IONI pro gegen das ProHC ausgetauscht. Nun dreht nach dem Phasing das Lenkrad wie wild für 4 Sekunden nach rechts, dann schaukelt es links/rechts (habe vorsichtshalber sehr wenige A eingestellt, damit nichts kaputt geht, mit voller A würde das rattern). Neueste Firmware ist auf dem IONI aufgespielt. Ich habe mal die Granite settings angehängt. Danke schon mal für Inputs, wo der Fehler liegen könnte...

PS£: habe [AXI]invert direction geändert, dreht einfach nach links statt nach rechts...

granite.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
U

User 11065

die kombination aus [AXI] und [FBI] stimmt offenbar nicht. mal alle 4 möglichkeiten durchspielen.

U

User 14237

die kombination aus [AXI] und [FBI] stimmt offenbar nicht. mal alle 4 möglichkeiten durchspielen.
HiDennis

Also der Wurm war irgendwo, keine Ahnung wo. Habe alles neugestartet, alle USB Anschlüsse umgesteckt (mehrmals), etc. Plötzlich gings wieder...

Übriegens das IONI Pro HC ist schon ne ganz andere Hausnummer als das Pro. Das ist ja abartig, was da für Kräfte aufgebaut werden.

U

User 9072

so, nach 15h rumprobieren hab ich es geschafft, das Lenkrad geht jetzt mal (habe in der Zwischenzeit auch das STM32 gegen ein neueres ausgetauscht). Soweit so gut. Ich habe nun festgestellt, dass wenn die FFB Kräfte zu stark werden, und es quasi einen peak gibt, das Lenkrad auf off gestellt wird, es hat also einen Bruchteil einer Sekunde keinen Saft, dabei verstellt sich auch die Zentrierung. Meines Erachtens bin ich gar nicht so am Anschlag mit dem FFB (habe immerhin das grosse Mige), da sollte noch mehr gehen? (FFB wird in Assetto Corsa abgeschossen, andere Spiele noch nicht getestet)
Anhang anzeigen 48488

Wo bekommt man das MMos in Deutsch? Habe nichts gefunden zum ändern der Sprache. Auch würde mich interessieren, welches gerade die aktuelle Version ist. Ich habe die 0.91.

Die Version ist korrekt. Deutsch bekommt man das durch eine Datei, die eigentlich beim Download dabei ist. ABER: Ich empfehle die dreieinhalb Begriffe auf englisch zu lassen, dann weißt du auch immer wovon gesprochen wird.

Für alle die es auf Deutsch haben wollen und nicht die 3 Worte Englisch lernen wollen.

Alte Bezeichnung MMosForceFeedbackENU2014.dll
Neue Bezeichnung MMosForceFeedback2014.dll

ENU löschen und alles wird gut. Dann habt ihr alles in Deutsch.

U

User 14035

Hi Beano,

I think I have found a typo in the wireless pdf.
P01  CS Discovery PB12
P02  SCK Discovery PB13
P03  MISO Discovery PB14
P04  MOSI Discovery PB15

The schematics says P05. Which is located on the opposite corner of the board. I think it is wrong. I will check tonight.

U

User 14035

Checked! I confirm the schematic should read P04 and not P05.
My test setup is working 14 out of 16. Mmos number 8 is always ON Mmos number 16 is always OFF. Is there a bug in the firmware? The always on Button will be a pain to manage. I dont think I have burnt any pin but I dont know I am a beginner with these modules...

Edit: Button 8 Solved by switching between different nrf(16) and nrf(32) in settings:Button 8 was always ON) Button 16 isstill always off. Any hint on what is going on?

Would it be possible to have 16 buttons from NRF51822 and 16 from direct entries? I dont see any shared pins, but I could not do that with the software. I like to have my shifter directly cabled to avoid issue...

One more question. How to use more than 15 orr 16 buttons with the NRF(32) settings?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
U

User 12058

Thanx Mate, I will update the drawing in the near future when I get that old laptop with files restored!

Appreciate your feedback, apologies for the mistake.

Cheers,
Beano

U

User 14035

No problem. Thanks for documenting anyway! Can you explain how is the 32 buttons mode working? And if the button 16 is usable?

U

User 14504

Hi guys

I've been away from this forum for an age; Just enjoying my OSW which has worked flawlessly - Thanks so much to the guys who made it a reality.

Recently, I built an SLI / button box using Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller board in a 3d-printed enclosure; (Link to picture: https://1drv.ms/i/s!As0EVK3-TcryvHNZ1gxQ2zF-yIp8 ).

I tested it so fine, so tonight I attached the wheel and tried it out. However as soon as I switched on the OSW the button inputs went crazy. As if somebody is mashing all the buttons in a random way. It's fine when i take the wheel off the hub (Q1R) Likewise fine with the OSW is powered off.

I assume this is an interference issue; But what can I do to rectify / shield it? I previously ran paddle shifters only (with the cable coiled around the wheel shaft) and had no issues.

I'm uploading a video and will link to it asap.

EDIT: Video of the isssue: https://youtu.be/kdZ6RAfPEZo - Apologies quality isn't that good. It's not really shown in the vid, but fastening the Q1R properly led to the issue being much worse.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
U

User 14359

Just take a ground wire from your Bodnar BU0836A and connect it to the Q1R Quick Releasevia a ring cable lug. Of course you have to get rid of the paint of the spot you gonna mount on the Q1R before.

Cheers

Oben