Project BruteForce2 - IONI-based DIY DD FFB Wheel (Extensive worklog)

U

User 15198

Hi guys! First post. Just purchased a mean well "se-1000-48"

hope this is suitable to use with Simucube. If anyone knows any different, feel free to chime in! Best of luck to all with their Simucube build !

U

User 15198

Sorry disregard my post, looks like beano is using those for a while. Good to see I've got one which will work. Cheers!

U

User 15183

Hi Everyone, I love what you guys are doing and would love to get involved! I am developing the concept of my DD FFB around a motor that I have. The first thing I need to sort out is the encoder... I am after a spec/pn for a standard or upgrade encoder for a Lenze MCS12 motor. I have one which is currently fitted with a resolver. Any suggestions on type/ppr for DD FFB and potential vendors???

This motor has a peak torque of 57NM but a kt of 1.2 so it will need the high end of the Ioni current output to get halfway there.... rotor inertia is around 10 so it should make an awesome FFB driver!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
U

User 12058

Wiring_screenshot.png

U

User 14210

Has anybody already his simucube ready and running or are they still not shipped? Am interested in the development and how it works compared to 'normal OSW'

U

User 12033

Ich hab meins seit Mittwoch und es ist täglich mehrere Stunden im Einsatz :)

U

User 13633

Same here. Up and running for 4 days now. Still in the tweaking process to get the feel out of it i like but i like it a lot. Compared to the original OSW? Well i only drove the original for a few hours a long time ago only thing i can say about it is. It put a big smile on my face back then as it does now with the simucube build

U

User 12058

Has anybody already his simucube ready and running or are they still not shipped? Am interested in the development and how it works compared to 'normal OSW'

Yes, I have been testing final prototype since end of April, it is the same version as final release, and have not experienced any issues.

I am thoroughly enjoying what it is bringing to my sim experience, and the tuning options are a god-send. Here is the prototype sitting in a custom enclosure I have made. You can look back a few pages for more photos.

Cheers,
Beano

IMG_1095%20Large.jpg

U

User 12058

Well, below are the original IONI Pro HC specifications ->
IONI_Specifications.png

Busy with a bit of testing for Tero, using the very first IONI Pro HC consumer version - I had to change a few resistors, but all good, no hassles...all I can say is, bring on that DW12 now, feels like a real racecar :lol:

We are now approaching the torque levels where we can simulate all cars in iRacing's stable at a 1:1, except for the few very short-duration pulses on the DW12 that might exceed this, but wont have any appreciable effect on the sensations....now, the ultimate would be to have something like SC to be able to tweak the feedback exactly as we would want it.

I'll just leave this here for you guys.

IONI_Pro_HC_30A_0.png

IONI_Pro_HC_30A_1.png

U

User 15198

Yes, I have been testing final prototype since end of April, it is the same version as final release, and have not experienced any issues.

I am thoroughly enjoying what it is bringing to my sim experience, and the tuning options are a god-send. Here is the prototype sitting in a custom enclosure I have made. You can look back a few pages for more photos.

Cheers,
Beano

cache.php

Hi beano, I originally went for se-1000-48 but due to size swapped for sdr-960-48.
just wondering if that is still the MB-25 from takachi pictured, and if you've had any issues with cooling (looks like a nice tight fit)

thanks and all the best.

U

User 12058

Still the same case, and actually a lot of room in there, the photo is a bit misleading.

I have a fan in the front, blowing through the PSU and also cooling the IONI on the back, but it is pretty quiet, you cannot really hear it at all :)

Take care too, have a good one!

U

User 15198

I just ordered one a takachi. Do you by chance recall where you procured the fan you are using, beano?

This thread is a plethora of information. Thanks to all for your contributions to this cool project! It's really nutty when you consider the amount of money shelled out for sim steering (not knocking it at all, pricing toward race teams, professional use etc)

this is makes a small mige solution so much more accessible for so many. Awesome stuff.

U

User 15198

If anyone is interested those mb 25 enclosures are a great deal about 25 usd. Takashi a touch slow on response time but very thorough

U

User 12058

Hey Mate,
You're welcome, many others have contributed to the OSW movement well before my time, especially Bernhard and MMoS, so I am really only involved in driving a better controller and motherboard solution :)

Can you give me details about your contact at Takachi? Then we can try and see if they can make us ready pre-punched cases, which will make things a lot easier!

Of course, like I mentioned in my pm, I can also share my plates CAD files with you, that will work with the MB-25..

Cheers,
Beano

U

User 15198

Hi all,

Beano thanks for your kind offer and assistance - I'm cool with both! I have PM'd beano the Takachi chap's contact info but if anyone needs it in the meantime hit me up!

Good luck to all with their SimuCube builds!

U

User 12033

Thx Beano. Do you plan to release a small mige granity settings file? My iracing Account ended once again, so I cant see whats going on in the simucube thread.

U

User 12058

Hello Gentlemen,
'I would like to thank you for your hospitality and support over the past 18+ months.

i truly enjoyed being part of this community, and can not thank guys like Bernhard, Michael and many others enough.

Unfortunately, one moderator here is making life to difficult for me to continue here. From time to time, I will check my private messages, and respond through there, but I will no longer be an active member here, as I do not wish to further disrupt the harmony.

Take care all, thank you once again.

kind regards,
A sad Beano

Ps: For those interested in my Bruteforce3 Simucube project log, please feel free to visit here, if you do not have an iRacing account, I will keep it updated: http://www.racingfr.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51856

Dennis, please close this project log, I will not be updating it again. Seeing as you are so quick to action my posts without solicitation, this should be no problem to you.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
U

User 13764

well done, Dennis. disservice for our community, but better sell your own commercial stuff.
Makes me really sad, Beano. But things go on over at iRacing!

Oben