Neuigkeiten von den Entwicklern

U

User 8107

Für die die es noch nicht mitbekommen haben, Scawen hat heute seit langem mal wieder einen kleinen Progress Report abgeliefert.
Demnach ist von "few new tracks" die Rede und er scheint das mit der Reifenphysik doch etwas zurückfahren wollen, darüber hinaus 3D und Rift-Support. Wir dürfen gespannt sein :hammer:

Einfach mal lesen
Hello everyone!

The developers are all alive and working on LFS.

Eric has been working on new tracks. He slowed up a bit during some of the great English summer which we don't get very often. I have enjoyed test driving on two of his new tracks which look great and I look forward to the time when they can be released.

I am still working on the tyre physics, though I haven't really made serious progress this year. I also enjoyed the summer, did a lot of cycling and running too. It's a better hobby than smoking like I used to, and I really enjoy it. But the good news is it won't pay the bills!

LFS income has gradually gone down as it always does between updates. That that has increased the urgency of finishing the tyre physics. So I plan to get down to it, make the appropriate approximations and sort out a good physically based system, with enough assumptions to make it workable, accepting that total realism is an unachievable goal.

I just got a bit excited about stereoscopic 3d support, which some people will like because they'll be able to see LFS in 3d on a 3d TV, if their TV supports "side-by-side" or "top and bottom" mode. Also headsets should be supported if they accept one of those output modes. The old headsets that require specific support and sequential output will not be supported. For example a Sony HMZ works but a Vuzix VR920 does not. A more recent Vuzix should work but the field of view is not really good enough to give you peripheral vision. I'm not sure how much it will benefit the Oculus Rift at the moment. I think that depends on a pixel shader to provide the proper distortion, which I think is not available in D3D8. Anyway, one of the output options will be non-squashed (full) side-by-side 3D, which may possibly make it easier to use the Oculus Rift. Anyway it is a step in that direction. It does appear that the current Oculus Rift's resolution is too low for a racing simulator at the moment. Anyway I should be able to post a 3d test patch in a few days, I'm guessing early next week. Some people will enjoy that, though I realise most people, like me, don't have 3d equipment.

Victor is still with us, although he has indeed got another job, which looks like a really good one, putting his excellent skills to more use. I'm pleased for him about that, as his job here wasn't often really full time, although he is an absolutely vital member of our team. He needed a job as well because our profit share isn't one third each and depends on our actual contributions to the project. Victor started later and never has so much work, so for that reason only, his profit share was a bit of a tight squeeze to live on, specially with the gradual reduction in profits while we are waiting for a serious update.

People ask why I don't come here more often with progress reports. But there hasn't been enough progress to give a report. And it's not appealing to come here and say that. Every month I've thought I would be making more progress, and would have some good progress to report the following month. Hope you see what I mean...

Anyway, we do have to pay the bills and I'm very interested to get the better feeling tyre model out there for everyone to enjoy. You've heard it all before so I don't expect great enthusiasm. It will take a while yet, but hopefully not too long.
Quelle: https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1823294#post1823294

U

User 4444

Ich glaube leider nicht mehr an den Weihnachtsmann, andererseits bin ich mir sicher, dass irgendwann noch was kommt.

U

User 6201

haters gonna hate ^^

habs auch grad gelesen. Klingt für mich so n bisschen nach Prokrastination "Ich hab so viele Ideen, aber es geht nicht voran", kenn ich nur zu gut ^^

U

User 11020

LFS income has gradually gone down as it always does between updates. That that has increased the urgency of finishing the tyre physics.

Auf Deutsch: Denen gehts Geld aus, also haben sie gecheckt, dass sie was neues machen müssen! :D :D :D

U

User 3066

sagt mir...wer brauch bitte neue strecken?..ich will endlich andere autos..wo is mein vw scirocco?...ich hab immer noch kein bmw m5 von gpower...was will ich mit einer neuen strecke?:P

U

User 2870

David, das ist nicht zu Ende gedacht.
Findest du nicht, dass ~20 Autos (oder wie viele sind es eigentlich) mehr als genug sind? Zudem wird sich, je nachdem, wie stark sich das neue Reifenmodell vom aktuellen unterscheidet, jedes Auto anders fahren..

U

User 19507

Wollte keinen neuen Thread eröffnen. LFS ermöglicht Mods. Vorerst "nur" Autos aber wer hätte das gedacht...

U

User

Bin gespannt was daraus wird. Aber ohne Track Support wohl wieder nur kurzweilig Abwechslung.

U

User 773

Selbst dann sind die Einschränkung nur um es komfortabler zu machen einfach zu viel. Keine echten Autos ohne Erlaubnis, keine Konvertierungen ohne Erlaubnis.

Aber immerhin scheint Scawen das neue Reifenmodell mittlerweile selbst aufgegeben zu haben, wenn er sich schon um sowas kümmert.

U

User 15802

Wollte keinen neuen Thread eröffnen. LFS ermöglicht Mods. Vorerst "nur" Autos aber wer hätte das gedacht...

um einen alten LFS 4Players insider zu bringen: Die Hoffnung steigt dass es bald einen Gelenkbus in LFS gibt

Zurück
Oben