How can I start racing GT3 Cars with other drivers on Assetto Corsa VR Servers?

U

User 34288

Hello everyone, my name is JonnyBravo and I am new here. I have been sim racing for some years now. I was big into ACC and racing online for some time now. However, I want to switch over to racing GT3 cars on Assetto Corsa and use only AC as my main Sim Racing game and just focus on this sim because the game just feels so good, the mods and the CSP graphics etc.

I am clueless on how to get started here and join in on the fun. Can anyone steer me in the right path. I have been trying to join the AC servers like trainee races and stuff. But it doesn't let me join?

U

User 31029

Hello and welcome, Jonny!

Which Server did you try to join? Servers from VirtualRacing.org (VR)? Or others?

As you know, in AC you have a lot of Cars and Tracks as Mods available. And if the Server has one of these, but you not, then you can‘t join.

Also all VR-Servers are secured by a password. You need to type this in before joining.

If you like to go deeper in the GT3 Competition, I lovely recommend you our GTC series. This Thursday we have a FreeEvent, which is the perfect opportunity for you to get a first look 😁

U

User 34288

Hi Michel, I appreciate your quick response! Thank you so much.
All the servers FAC Training, specifically #5 GTC Training A server I have downloaded most of the cars and tracks. But what ends up happening is I hit an issue where I cant find the remaining mods the server is asking for. One Server asked for laguna seca OSRW, i found laguna seca online on race department but not with that tag or name. As for the cars I can find similar cars but not the same tag ones. Where can I find download links or a page or server that directs me to the page where i can buy or download for free the items I need. Again thank you for your help, and I apologize I am a little new to this Assetto Corsa world. In ACC it was just open game and go into server and action lol. this is more difficult but worth it and I really hope you can help because I really want to support your team their efforts donate and race along with everyone... let me know when you can thank you for your assitance and valuable help good sir!

U

User 34288

I signed up for the race, please let me know if i did it correctly. I speak English and this website is in another language for me, I am translating it in the meantime. Is there another website in english by any chance? Also, I am confused on the time zone and when the race starts and when I need to prepare etc. Im in United States Florida Eastern Standard Time... for example right now it will 12:30 in the afternoon in 5 minutes.

U

User 31029

For Time Zone, all Times are currently in CEST (Central European Summer Time). CEST is UTC+2. In winter we have CET=UTC+1.

Regarding the FAC and GTC VR-Server. I think you need to use SimSync to get all the necessary files.
You can find this here (click me). Sorry, its again only in German available 😬

For the GTC you need also to organize some further cars and DLC. All Infos about the current Season you can find here.
If you have issues with that mods/cars, I can help you as well. The DLC´s you need to buy (or buy directly the cheaper Ultimate Version of the game and substitute your normal version).

For the FAC you need only one car, the Formula Hybrid 2020. All further infos about the current Season you can find here.

If you have now still some cars or tracks missing, let me know in detail which and I will share it with you.

U

User 34288

Ok I read your response and did everything you suggested. I just purchased all car mods, downloaded sim sync and read the other threads/forums. Sim Sunc is still downloading content, and I don't exactly know if im operating the program correctly.

Also is Sim Sync going to download the remaining cars and track I need. I need the laguna seca track and these cars I believe but sim syne hasnt finished • Cars “ks_amg_gt3_evo” [ ], “ks_corvette_c7r_gt3” [ ] and “ks_audi_r8_lms_2019” [ ] are missing.

U

User 34288

Ok the system sim sync downloaded most of the cars and tracks, its getting now the other race tracks I belive, i have all car files now, especially complete files for GTC training B server, but I cant join the server?

U

User 2823

GTC Training A and B are booked servers. Try Training Standard instead

U

User 20061

Do you have the correct password? If I remember correctly the password is „VR“ or „vr“

U

User 31029

Good Morning Jonny,

sounds good. And yes, there is a lot of stuff in the Sync, so it can takes a while…. This 3 cars are from a DLC, do you have these now?

The GTC Server A and B are not available for you at the moment. These are registered Trainings-Server for people, which are in the series and want to drive with their Skin/design (thats why you see names on these servers in the list).

But you can drive on the „Standard“ training server. This one is open for all. The required password is really complicated and complex: vr ;-)

Have fun!

Oben