[GPL] New P83 H-16 and Updated P261

U

User 62

[GPL] Engine Works BRM H-16 updatet

I've reworked my original BRM H16 engine a bit, with some of the systems available now perhaps some high end users might like to try it, there is also a smaller Glide version, the smaller version should also work okay for D3D users with systems less than 1 gig.

It is only available from my site, click on the BRM H16 to download the files, I have not updated the picture there, but you will get the new engines in the zip. Be sure and read the "information" note.

Link is below or simply click on my avatar.

pic

- - - - - - -
GPL Engine Works

U

User 62

Loyd, and others, I really shouldn't have released the Brm.3do yesterday with the H16 exhaust. As I said at the time, it wasn't finished and it was a work in progress. Little did I know you were going to release a new engine update. If I had known, I would have waited and released the proper 3do. Here's the BRM.3do for the H16 with the working mirrors, without the trumpets "lopped off". Here's a few screens of the updated 3do. BTW, I'll do the graphic mirrors as soon as possible. It takes time to do the editing. I thought I was being helpful by releasing the one I had been working on, but apparently not.

Cheers,
Rdave

brm_working mirrors 2.zip

U

User 62

den Racer Dave p83 Brm mit gibt es jetzt in einer all in 1 version bei loyd's engine works.

New P83 H-16 and Updated P261 now ready...

for download.

Hi all,

Loyd just informed me that he's got the new P83 version 1.0 and the updated P261 version 1.4 uploaded and ready to be downloaded at the GPL Engine Works.

http://members.cox.net/lwcole1/index.htm

I'm testing a new installer, if it works well, and everyone likes it, I'll put down the money to buy it. May be a bit of overkill, but it certainly makes installation easy.

Please read the credits and installation instructions carefully within the installer. You need to have a clean brm directory with only the brm.dat from your GPL installation CD for the installer's to work.

I'm happy with the way the cars came out, yes there'll be further updates down the road, but this is the way for Loyd and I to get caught up to date with all the updates so far, there are loads of extras, and some nice additions not previously available, new engines, 3d roll bars, new axles, new shapes, etc.

I want to thank all of the people responsible for making the P261 and now the P83 the nice little cars that they have evolved into.

Thanks to Loyd for his initiative to upgrade the BRM's and for his tireless efforts in graphics and hosting of great addon's for GPL.

Cheers,
Rdave

U

User 62

P261 and P83 update patch...

Hi all,

Here's a small update patch for the P261 version 1.4 and the P83 version 1.0. This makes a couple of repairs that, by and large, have probably gone unnoticed. It was brought to my attention that the wheel 3do's for both cars was calling the incorrect tire treads. Since I hadn't made any edits to the wheel 3dos for the update of the P261 or the conversion for the P83, it never dawned on me to check them. To be honest, I haven't a clue when they were changed, but never the less, this patch will properly call the correct tread textures.

This patch works for both the P261 and the P83, whichever one you have installed. Here's the link to the patch installer.

http://www.members.cox.net/rdave/brmupdate.zip

I certainly appreciate the response the release of the cars have generated, and thanks to all who have given them a try.

If you haven't tried the cars yet, you can find them at the GPL Engine Works http://members.cox.net/lwcole1/

Cheers,
Rdave

Oben