[GPL] Flashing lights and signs for Thunder Jet by R. Dave

U

User 62

Ok, so I'm bored! Sitting around the house this morning working on some animated flags for a few tracks, and decided to play around with something I've been thinking about for a time. Thunderjet Speedway is a great little track, and since it's fictional, I use it to test things and experiment with. What have I done, you ask?, well I decided to make some flashing caution lights and a flashing sign. In this test, I replaced the 100m brake marker with a set of flashing yellow traffic lights, and the 200m brake marker with a flashing arrow sign. Needless to say the possibilities are endless. My goal is to create some flashing merchant signs for tracks that scurry through cities or villiages. I'm offering these up to anyone who wants to try them. Feel free to use them anyway you wish. As I say, they are set up for use at TJet, but each zip includes the sign, or light.srbs, the 3do, and the pole.mip. One can edit the srbs, and replace different trackside 3do's with either of the lights. I thought that I might add some to the night version of Le Mans so as to see the brake markers easier. Anyhow, I'm attaching a screenshot to show you how the signs and lights look, both on and off. They flash at a good pace. I'll attach the zips below this post.

Cheers,
Rdave
pic
lights.zip
sign.zip

U

User 62

Flashing lights update...

Hi guys,

I've made an alternative flashing light, in green. I've also improved the light textures. If you've got the others, you may want to check these out as well. Here's a screenshot showing the new texture quality. I also noticed a slight wobble in the box holding the lights and that's been fixed as well.

R.Dave
pic
green_2.zip
yellow_2.zip

Oben