[GPL] A couple of new things for the P261 by R.Dave

U

User 62

Hi all,

Aside from adding the "shine" to the 3d helmets, Loyd and I have done a few other things for the P261. Firstly, Loyd has created some beautiful 16 bit skins for the P261. In addition, I've played around with something different for the replay mirrors.

I suppose most of you are aware of the so-called "reflective mirrors" offered by most of the cars and on the P261. While innovative, I've never been fond of them. First, they're a static image, which in and unto itself, isn't bad, but when first going to the replay, you have to cycle through the "in-car" camera or the image is pixilated and looks really bad. Even after they're in sync, the image, imo, isn't all that great.

What I've thought is, since we're using a static image anyway, why not create a better looking static image and one that doesn't require a tour of the in car camera to work. In this vain, I've edited the P261 3do to add a graphic to each of the mirrors in replay.

Loyd and I came up with a graphic, but I'm sure some of you can come up with something that suits you as well. I've uploaded some screenshots at the "screenshots" forum, as well as the one below. I'm also going to upload the zip file here.

The zip will include two directories. One containing the new 16 bit skins by Loyd, and the other containing a new brm.3do and two new mips, a "rtmir.mip" and a "ltmir.mip". These are the mips which one can edit to create new mirror reflections in replays.

As always, back up your work. The revised 3do is the most recent which includes the new "shine" on the 3d helmets.

Cheers,
Rdave

Here's a screenshot, and the zip will be below...

screenies

And finally the file...

The zip includes two directories, one containing Loyd's new 16 bit car skins, and the second containing the edited 3do and mirror mips. Thanks to Loyd for the great mirror graphics as well.

As always, too many credits for the evolution of the P261 over the months to mention here. But thanks goes out to all who have contributed over the days and weeks.

Please, back up any files you intend to overwrite and if you improve something or make something that would benefit the rest, share it with us all.

To install, just drop the files into your BRM p261 directory.

Happy New Years to everyone.

Cheers,
Rdave

Here's the zip...

p261_update.zip

U

User 62

P261 optional helmets available

Hi all,

For those who have requested the latest P261 without the 3d helmets for online racing, here's what you need. The zip below includes 3 folders to place into you BRM (p261) directory. One folder contains the 2d helmet 3do, another the 3d helmet without the visor 3do, and the third the 3d helmet with the visor 3do. All of the 3dos use the new mirror graphics, and I've included the mirror mips in each folder to be sure you have them. Both the 3d helmet 3dos also have the shine effect added as well.

I've just sent Loyd the updated full P261 car install if you don't already have it. I'm sure he'll let everyone know when it's available to download from GPL Engine works.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rdave

p261_3dos.zip

Zurück
Oben