[GPL] 3d helmet for JF carset1.2 Ferrari by Tim Leighton

U

User 62

3d Helmet for Ferrari attached
Here you are folks. Read my thread a bit further down for details. This will work on-line as well.
Hope someone else can do the other cars. I will probably do the Lotus next.

3dferrarihelmet.zip

da stimmt wohl was noch nicht ganz mit den files! fuer updates und weiter infos lest diesen thread

U

User 62

Authentic Ferrari Helmets by Rick Baumhauer

Authentic Ferrari Helmets
Well, took a bit of time, but I got some pretty reasonable helmet paintjobs done for the new 3D Ferrari Helmet package from Tim Leighton (thanks again, Tim!).

The Amon helmet is based on Phillipe Charuest's from the '68 carset, though it's been heavily modified. The others are based on fairly generic templates.

Don't have a screenshot of Scarfiotti, as I don't use him in GPL, but it's a fairly generic (though accurate, I believe) very light grey helmet.

pics

3dferrari_helmet_paintjobs.zip

Here's the driver face - it's not as high-res as some of the recent releases (such as Sam Dobie's current "generic" face), but I still like it the best.

I believe the original was from Sam Dobie (an earlier incarnation of the "generic" face), but I'm not positive. In any case, I've edited it a bit to expose the driver's nose - from photos, this seems more accurate for the Ferrari drivers, as well as Surtees.

This will work without changes with the JF Carset Ferrari - if you're using something different, you'll have to edit the filename. You can also copy it to the Murasama folder and rename it mfac.mip for Surtees. I think it also works with the coventry if renamed to cfac.mip. Not sure about the other cars, but you should be able to make it work with all of them.

fefa.zip

U

User 62

wichtig: hier ist eine neue ferrari 3do fuer die 3d helmets!

Ferrari 3do redone + new Chris Amon helmet
I haver moved the head up and forward a bit, and inspired by Rick B i have made a 16 bit helmet and face for Chris Amon. It is based on the helmet and goggles with sunstrip he wore in 67. Anyone want these?
Next job for me is to edit the car 3do so we can have individual faces for the drivers.

pics

This zip contains a revised Ferrari.3do to give a better head position for the 3D helmets. I have included a new Helmet for C. Amon, and a face for him based on 67 photos. Actually it looks pretty authentic. If i get my scanner working i'll post a photo. At present this face will show up on all the Ferrari drivers, but i intend to edit the 3do again to give individual faces as well as individual helmets

ferrari amon helmet.zip

U

User 62

This zip has the Ferrari.3do with the mirrors visible in the chase view with the graphics setting above 75%
You will need the rest of Tim Leighton's files also and make a backup of his Ferrari.3do in case of any side effects of the 'mirrors'

ferrari-m75.zip
This zip has the Ferrari.3do with the mirrors visible in chase view with the graphics setting down to about 50% and at farther distances with the track cams (at high graphics settings).
As above, you will need the rest of Tim Leighton's files also and make a backup of his Ferrari.3do in case of any side effects of the 'mirrors'

ferrari-m50.zip

Oben