EDRC | Diskussion and Information

U

User 28396

is the Race session for 2.7.21 sun the same as the first sessions?

we join the grid we are assigned-etc ...

20:00 - Start of the server into free practice session
20:20 - start of qualifying (15min + overtime)
20:40 - start of the first race (12 laps, one of which is the pace lap)
21:15 - start into the second race (top 8 result from "race 1" reverse their positions, again 12 laps)
Thank you
D.

U

User 28396

what a set of races for Grid 2 (7 / Feb / 21),
clearly every one races the Nurburgring more so that Hungaroring!
it was tight in race 2 particularly, very feisty, but no on was spun i was half expecting to be thrown out in turn 1- every lap

The truck collision box is deep in the truck, i didn't check is damage visible?
could it be made to the periphery or is it better to allow for connection variance by having it inside a bit?

U

User 28396

what to expect next? i can imagine there will be a few changes- this version is cut corner crazy
this is Bugatti by 0.6 by ‎Guillaume Rousseau, updated to v1.0 by "nobody" 2019 may 17.
never raced here outside of playstation 2!
lemans truck.PNG

U

User 28396

Any tips on LeMans? A 3.4+ second gap from me to best I making me mental.
I see where some speed is found but that much? Anyone have a fast lap on replay to share?

U

User 28396

another fun race, i don't care for the Buggatti circuit too much, but a 3rd and a 2nd for me, isn't to bad.
Andre Z takes another win!
very intense work, a lot of prssure form Nathan. what a demon. I did get a fast lap for race 2 grid 2, so thats nice.
see you next race!

U

User 24821

another fun race, i don't care for the Buggatti circuit too much, but a 3rd and a 2nd for me, isn't to bad.
Andre Z takes another win!
very intense work, a lot of prssure form Nathan. what a demon. I did get a fast lap for race 2 grid 2, so thats nice.
see you next race!
Was very fun to drive. After a disconnect of my Wheel in Quali, I had to start from the back of the Grid in Race 1. So it was very intens for me. I have seen you and the other guys in my Mirror at Race 2, so it was very fun to see you fihting :D

U

User 16498

David and andré why are you two almost aliens in grid 2? :) Still nice you where there so I could slip in your cockpits and saw a good racing line, sadly just in the last 5min of Quali. Still got a better stable truck in some corner's and a 1-2 sec. Faster laptime.

I just can't get the picture out of my head, how it looks when 2 or 3 trucks go side by side trough a corner, it's just hilarious to watch that big trucks fight on track.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
U

User 28396

Alien no, I was practicing with Norbi one night, and went into his cockpit. It shaved off a second from me, but still the real wizards are running 2.05-2.06 every lap.
It is quite a struggle.
But the best part is it's is fun to scrap for positions. The inner racer in me does want to win, I almost threw it away a few times from impatience.
Practice practice

U

User 28474

It’s not a difficult challenge to run a 2.06, just need to play with the gas and the brake pedal and if you know, where need to hold the gas, you can run a better time

U

User 28396

That's the trick isn't it! If you know or feel it, understand the truck behavior. Jumping from any car the main difference I found was keeping boost pressure up, of course brake points to slow down and combine those.
My race laps I found I was dancing all over the pedals. I wasn't just brake/throttle application

U

User 28396

I do I found that works to rev up.
So much dancing, I practice back and forth with h pattern and paddle shifting, and it seems either or as far as speed goes.

U

User 28474

When was the test race, I used H shifter too, but I aksed Norbi, which better, and he said, the paddle shifter. And nowdays I’m using the paddle shifter, more confortable and I can use faster, and I can make a throttle kick when I do a downshift

U

User 28396

I have seen this as well, give a throttle "blip" on down shift also helps it stay stable.
Now I need to tighten up my brake zone of course.
Really even if I performed better at Bugatti than the other races, I did podium at Nurburgring as well, I found LeMans was a bit more challenging to feel comfortable. The off camber LaChappelle was always a mess for me, and the 9-10 complex. I watched my times and it was always different through there.
It is more practice needed. And if I could have save an entire best lap maybe I'd learn😂😂 I hope the series keeps going here. This is good I love trucks

U

User 19501

Using Paddle Shift is definetly the faster way, even tho I despise the Idea to reward the less demanding/more aided/less risky way and honestly think it should be the other way around. But it is what it is and tbh I dont even know if they use H-pattern, sequential or Paddle Shift IRL so no clue what is the most realistic option in this case 😅 . At least I will continue to use H-Shift and the clutch with Heel and Toe because this is one of the few Championships I participate in where I can actually use it. Its heckin fun.

You definetly should use throttle blips on downshifts because the big and powerful motor brings a lot of drag torque with it that can unsettle the balance with ease.

U

User 28396

Well as there is not too much shifting I may try this.
At least practice at Jarama, is that next?

Zurück
Oben