User 15726

Servers are up

ETRC_DIGITAL_RACING_CHALLENGE_(EDRC)_Race_Server_Grid_1
and
ETRC_DIGITAL_RACING_CHALLENGE_(EDRC)_Race_Server_Grid_2

U

User 28396

Great first race. and 2nd race in Grid 2
lots of fun-intense racing. i only managed 4th in both.
Can we set up a team speak or discord? maybe too much yelling
and we needed our pace truck it was missing

U

User 28659

Awesome racing in grid 2!
Verry pleased I found this series, but i think I need to start taking german leassons... :ROFLMAO:

U

User 28370

Just want to address a few things from the race I had in Grid 2:
I qualified P1 for Race 1, was waiting for the pace truck to come out as stated in the regulations, but the pace track never came. So I maintained my speed and did the formation lap as it is, controlling the pace. Race starts, 2 min in I'm disconnected from the race, although the whole time I had no connection issues, was even talking to a friend on discord during the race so I know it wasn't my connection. Race 2, started from the back, no pace truck once again, followed the guys ahead. But to my horror, the drivers had no race etiquette whatsoever, pushing people off despite being side by side.

Another issue I would like to address is how things were organized. There was very little communication between organizers and participants, the pace truck being one of them, the change in vehicle physics and the impromptu classification between Grid 1 and Grid 2.

Overall, I had a poor experience and to be honest, it felt like a poorly run public server. I am disappointed to say I will not continue with the remaining rounds and I wish the organizers the best.

U

User 15726

6.1 Race start procedure

You will be automatically placed in the grid by AC when you join the race session. When AC releases the race with the red lights going out, you will go into Double File for the pace lap. This is driven at a speed of between 80 and 100km/h. At the entrance to the pits, the speed is limited to aproximately 60km/h so that any gaps can be closed.

In the area of the starting lights, the leader starts the race by a clear acceleration.

From this moment on, overtaking is allowed.

There is no word about a pacetruck. Leader from the quali leads the group to the start.

U

User 28396

Yes, it would be nice to have a pace truck though.
Thanks for organizing! When can we start practice for next race. 😜

U

User 21826

Another issue I would like to address is how things were organized. There was very little communication between organizers and participants, the pace truck being one of them, the change in vehicle physics and the impromptu classification between Grid 1 and Grid 2.

I think every issue you mentioned about the communication between the organizer and drivers are quiet clear. If your read the threads in the forum, you can get every information you need including your things like the "missing pacetruck" or the preseason. So just a small tipp for you, take a look at the threads here every second day maybe, read it carefully and you are well informed. :D

Oben