Beginner questions

U

User 32612

Hi all,

So I was just wondering. At the beginning of the race are you automatically put into your grid positions or do you start in the pits & have to drive your way around & into formation?

U

User 16594

You will start in a grid, but when the lights turn green you proceed with a warm up lap until the first car of your group reaches the start/finish straight and accellerates. This starts your race. Possible time differences between you and a driver in the same class, but a different starting group are eliminated after the race, but this applies in very rare cases...

U

User 24032

Also, be sure to activate the Vr_Stats and Vr_Standings apps (from the VR Apps package on the simsync). The Stats app will show a countdown of the time remaining for your mandatory 180 second pit stop. The timer starts the moment you cross the pit entry line (avoid speeding, as that'll yield a penalty that will be displayed in the Stats app) and the timer will get stopped the moment you cross the pit exit line.

You are racing in the waiting list grid today. I'd assume that all cars will be in the same starting group, lined up on Döttinger Höhe, as it's a rather small grid this time. Further information on the start procedure is found in the pinned threads:
- for the 2022 season: https://forum.virtualracing.org/threads/vrln-v-informationen-zur-saison-2022.130798/
- for pitting and penalties: https://forum.virtualracing.org/threads/vrln-tempolimit-standzeit-und-automatische-strafen.119061/

U

User 32612

Yeah I have the apps installed thanks. & yeah unfortunately I ended up in the waiting list. Seriously bummed but it was my own fault. You live n learn ey.

U

User 32612

Hi,

When trying to go into the qualy server now it tells me I have content missing. The R8 & 488 Challenge VR2GT are greyed out.
I have freshly done the simsync & the VR2GT cars are ticked.

Any suggestions?

U

User 16594

I had a few files in the sync and after the download it worked for me.
There were files for VRLN too, I think...

U

User 32612

Ill try again. I was able to get in for a few laps anyway with ctrl alt G

U

User 32612

Just tried again. Same thing.
Synced twice actually. Shows no more files. says its synced but still says content missing when I go to server.
Am I missing something?
I have AC VRLN / VR3T CARS / AC APPS / AC Raceday & VR2GT Cars all checked

U

User 16594

That should be all you need...
Sorry, but I don't think I can help you further, that sounds like a problem only the admins can solve...
Does the training server work? If it does, you can try to set your time there and ask the admins if it is possible to use those times for qualification, you seem to have a good reason for such an exception.

U

User 24032

Did you try to refresh the server twice in Content Manager? Sometimes that app doesn't update the server preview properly, but double-refreshing usually does the trick.

U

User 8920

The same thing happened to me .
The refresh button, close to the join button, made it !

U

User 15726

The grey cars are just car that are in the server config but not in the entry list. so just choose your car und click the green join button :)

U

User 32612

Thanks for the replies was a busy day. Yeah the button wasnt green. Will try the refresh next time.

As I say I was able to join anyway using CTRL ALT G

Oben